2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Vacuumeline Diagram 3.7

Joined

·

16 Posts

Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Ok, so I'm new at the whole "doing your own maintenance" thing but I thought I'd take a crack at it. So, changed the spark plugs, no problems. I was checking the pcv valve, and the whole hose came loose. Now I have no idea where it connects to the engine. I have a 4.7l v8 2006 Commander. I would really appreciate any help, because my husband thinks I'm not capable of doing this on my own and thinks I should just take it to the dealer to have them do all the maintenance. I figure, if I've got a Jeep, I should know how to work on it.

Joined

·

16 Posts

Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Ha! My stubbornness paid off! I found it. Didn't actually see it, I felt the rubber connection it fit into up by the firewall. Good lord, mechanics must have small hands. I've got a couple new bruises and scrapes, but I did find it. Going for a test drive now.

jeep5253

Joined

·

16,164 Posts

Welcome to the forum. I've been searching the forum for a pic for you but had no luck. Glad you found it.

07JeepXK

Joined

·

6,309 Posts

I have a 2007 4.7 Liter so our engines are identical. My first question is did you actually locate where the pcv valve screws into the engine. I would assume the answer would be yes since you said you were checking it. If not its located on the driver's side of the engine near the fire wall. The hose connects right to the top of the pcv valve. If im understanding your question it sounds like the opposite end of the hose came off. Is this what you mean? If so ill take a walk out to my jeep and tell you where the other end connects.

EDIT: I took me a long time to type this because I had to step away from my desk half way through. Glad you found out where it went. Let us know if you have any problems.

jeep5253

Joined

·

16,164 Posts

If so ill take a walk out to my jeep and tell you where the other end connects.

Can you post a pic of the location for future reference ?

07JeepXK

Joined

·

6,309 Posts

Sure can ill do that now.

07JeepXK

Joined

·

6,309 Posts

The first picture is a close up. Its located in the middle of both pics where you see the blue ring. You have to take that plug off the top of it to access the actual pcv valve. It just pulls right off. Its hard to get a good picture because its at the back of the motor.

Joined

·

16 Posts

Discussion Starter · #8 ·

It's way back behind a bunch of stuff. I'm wondering if it was ever attached completely in the first place. The engine wasn't idling near as high when I started it as it had been. The dealership I bought it from doesn't have the most brilliant mechanics ever, or they aren't very thorough. I tracked down a couple of error codes they couldn't ever fix, thanks mostly to this forum.

jeep5253

Joined

·

16,164 Posts

So the hose curves around to the firewall, correct ?

Joined

·

16 Posts

Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Oh, and thank heavens the pcv valve is blue, or I might never have found it. :wiggle:

07JeepXK

Joined

·

6,309 Posts

So the hose curves around to the firewall, correct ?

Well it wouldnt connect to the firewall but in that general direction towards the back of the motor. I'd imagine to the lower intake manifold. I really couldnt see that well because I didnt have a light and my jeep sits to high off of the ground

Joined

·

16 Posts

Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Yes, it curves back towards the firewall, and down.

Joined

·

16 Posts

Discussion Starter · #13 ·

They are awfully high off the ground. I have to stand on a cinder block to reach the back of the engine, and I'm not a short woman.

07JeepXK

Joined

·

6,309 Posts

Is your Commander lifted? The reason I ask is because stock commanders are very low to the ground...lol Mine has a lift and 33 inch tires on it thats why its hard to get back there without something to stand on.

Joined

·

16 Posts

Discussion Starter · #15 ·

It's not lifted, but the engine compartment is freaking huge, so to get to the center of the back, I have to stand on the cinder block to get any leverage. Learned that trick when I was changing the spark plugs.

I'm trying to learn all I can about maintaining and fixing my jeep, because I'm going to nursing school for the next two years, and I need it to last, plus I want to be able to do all the maintenance myself to save some money. I just bought it at the beginning of June, and I really love it. Had a hack of a time coming up with a name for her though. Wanted something tough, because it is a bada$$ ride. Finally decided on Ripley. I'm a big fan of Alien.

07JeepXK

Joined

·

6,309 Posts

Just curious. When you swapped out the spark plugs did you torque them down tight enough. The plugs have crush rings on them that need to be torqued down properly.

Joined

·

16 Posts

Discussion Starter · #17 ·

I got out the torque wrench and tightened them down to what the manual said.

07JeepXK

Joined

·

6,309 Posts

Nice. It's awesome seeing a woman doing this type of maintenance. Especially one thats married. You would think your husband would be doing that for you. I give you props!!!

Joined

·

16 Posts

Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Lol, my husband isn't exactly a DIYer. I do have to laugh when I go tothe parts store, and they assume I'm getting the supplies so he can do the work. Same thing happens when I go to the hardware store. No, the table saw blade isn't for my husband, but thanks for asking.

jeep5253

Joined

·

16,164 Posts

I got out the torque wrench and tightened them down to what the manual said.

Lol, my husband isn't exactly a DIYer. I do have to laugh when I go tothe parts store, and they assume I'm getting the supplies so he can do the work. Same thing happens when I go to the hardware store. No, the table saw blade isn't for my husband, but thanks for asking.

Source: https://www.jeepcommander.com/threads/pcv-vacuum-hose-help.18350/

Posted by: dominiquecatalfamoe0198493.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

0 Comments